Feeling so much better now.
Stupid uni assessments (one in particular) are mostly out of the way. Mid-semester exams have finally finished (on the 2nd last week of semester.. go figure), 1 more presentation and 1 major assignment left, then I get to start studying for my end-of-semester exams. I should sound stressed, but now that that 1 stupid exam is over, I feel so relieved. Worrying about one exam worth 30% for >1month due to constant delays in the exam is really sucky. But it's over - and I'm over it!
Happy Cler is back and she IS so glad. I can finally start saying "yeah, not bad" or "pretty good" when people start asking me how I am. (As opposed to the "pretty sucky" or "ehh.. uni... what can I say?" that I've been giving to every person who has been asking how I've been for the past month or so.)
Ahhh... =)
I feel more at ease about my last blog (in terms of what or what not to say to guy friends) - not wanting to be legalistic with myself, it was hard to come to a conclusion. Having a big talk with a good guy friend about his troubles last week, with the thoughts "Should I be saying this? How to care in a loving sisterly way? What to say to show that I do care, but not divulging too much?" going on in the back of my head was indeed difficult.
Regardless, we talked for a long time and often speaking about one's own experiences is the best way that you can care for someone - which is what I did.
Talked to Nikki, and she said it's ok, because I'm not their main person of contact, and that so long as there are other guys that they can talk to, and I'm not the only person - it's better that way.
Glad she clarified that for me. I do care for my guy friends and constantly having those stupid gnawing thoughts at the back of my head got a tad annoying. But this shouldn't stop me from being careful in how I choose to care for them.
Though those anxieties (for lack of a better word) regarding maturity, responsibility and people generally moving on in life, has still not left me. I think I really do need to learn to be content, cast those anxieties to God (as 1 Peter 5 tells us), knowing that I need to be patient with His plans, trusting in His sovereignty more and more.
That's my spiel for now =)
Wednesday, 28 May 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Your Thoughts